Career changers will enter the schools informed of the culture of twenty-first century schools and will be making a valuable contribution to the education of our youth.
Career changers will benefit from working with the center in the following ways:
- time to complete a field placement in the schools to learn about teaching as a profession;
- opportunities to talk with school administrators and successful career changer teachers;
- classes introducing the basic knowledge of the teaching profession;
- information and support as career changers explore teaching as a possible career change;
- information concerning all pathways to teacher certification through a database;
- continued advice and support after career changers make the decision to teach;
- opportunities to provide a valuable contribution to the education of our youth as volunteers and, if the decision is made to teach, as teachers;
- initiation into the culture of the schools;
- state fairs to provide information from institutions of higher education, school systems, and the State Department of Education;
- opportunities for career changers to use their unique mix of skills, expertise, and content knowledge after retirement from their first career.